Wednesday, January 30, 2013
I'm not sure what to do next, so any advice is welcome, especially from those who have dealt with this issue already. Maybe best to send it to me privately, however, rather than through the comments section of this blog. Obviously I don't wish to spell out my email address explicitly here, but that portion of it which precedes the "@" symbol is "bryan52063" , and my email service provider is, after all these years, Juno.com.
UPDATE (Jan. 31): New links are now operative for all of January 2013's uploads, and I hope to get more up and running over the next few days and weeks. I have decided to go with three different hosts, one for orchestral 78s, one for all other 78s, and one for LPs. Most likely I will use others as well, especially if these prove unsatisfactory, but it was important to me to have something up and running quickly!
I did actually have another Mediafire account that was untouched; I am now using that only for my discographic files and those of my own performances, which, presumably, won't be offensive to them!.
UPDATE #2 (Feb. 3): New links are now operational for November and December 2012's files. But it's slow going. One of the new hosts (Hotfile) is proving particularly unsatisfactory; more often than not, when I attempt to upload a file, it times out and then gets cancelled. I now understand why Mediafire was so popular - it's by far the easiest service to use!